Renewable Energy Sources in Montana
We have your renewable resources such as geothermal heating in Missoula, Frenchtown, Lolo
Renewable energy is a green resource available locally and globally that doesn't have to be mined, extracted, refined or shipped from thousands of miles away.
Although it takes technology and money to harness renewable energy, doing so doesn't harm the environment. There are four renewable energy sources that homeowners can use to make their homes greener and more energy efficient:
- Sunlight can generate electricity in a solar photovoltaic (PV) system, or it can produce hot water in a SOLAR THERMAL system.
- The earth's temperature (45-65 degrees F about 6ft. below the surface) can be used as a heat source and a heat sink in a ground source heat pump system. Also known as a geothermal heat pump, this system provides super-efficient heating and cooling, and can even eliminate the need for a separate water heater.
- Biomass (firewood and pellets) can be used in wood and pellet stoves to provide home heating.
- Wind power can be harnessed by small-scale wind turbines that generate electricity for home use. Like hydropower, wind energy is more frequently used in large-scale applications than in home energy systems.
has expertise in all aspects of renewable energy sources in Lolo, Missoula, Frenchtown and nearby! We can install solar PV, solar thermal and geothermal heating in Frenchtown, Lolo, Missoula, Alberton, Lakeside, Clinton, Florence, Huson, Bonner, Bigfork, and more!. Call or email today for a free renewable energy evaluation.
Using Renewable Energy in Three Steps
Is renewable energy
a smart choice for your home? The answer to this question depends on several factors. A simple and sure way to assess the potential of renewable energy at your house is to take these three steps:
- Reduce before you produce. BEFORE you consider installing a solar system or ground-source heat pump, it's important to make sure your house is adequately insulated and air-sealed. The goal is to reduce home energy consumption so that you won't be wasting the renewable energy you produce. Dr. Energy Saver can perform a free insulation evaluation and provide a free estimate for upgrading insulation according to U.S. Department of Energy recommendations.
- Have your home evaluated for a solar system and/or a ground-source heat pump. While most homes can effectively accommodate a wood stove or pellet stove, the same can't be said for solar PV, solar thermal and geothermal heat pump installations. Based on a site evaluation, Dr. Energy Saver can discuss your best options for solar and/or geothermal heat pump systems. NOTE: Dr. Energy Saver has the most up-to-date information on state and federal incentives for energy-saving improvements, including renewable energy systems.
- Have Dr. Energy Saver or our trusted partners install a state-of-the-art solar or geothermal heat pump system. If you elect to install a solar or geothermal heat pump system, Dr. Energy Saver can handle the installation from start to finish.
Start Saving Energy and Money With A Renewable Energy Upgrade.
Call 1-406-543-6070 or contact us online to schedule a free home inspection and renewable energy estimate.
We have your renewable resources from solar pv to geothermal heating and more! We proudly serve Frenchtown, Lolo, Missoula, Florence, Huson, Bonner, Alberton, Lakeside, Clinton, Bigfork, and nearby!
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.